About Elite Futures Soccer League
The Elite Futures Development League is specifically designed to provide a modern coaching approach to accelerate the development of young players aged U6 to U12. Players are introduced to innovative curriculums that solidify early skills development and focus on providing players with the support they need to develop confidence, creativity and a passion for the game.
The training curriculums are instructed by professional coaches and overseen closely by experienced age coordinators and the clubs Director of Coaching. The E.F.S.L. uses a "Festival" approach to competition. All games are 5 v 5, which encourages players to be involved in the action and utilize skills acquired. Players play multiple games and rotate teams within their age group. Scores are not kept. The focus is on player development and having fun, not winning.
League affiliation and structure
The main theme throughout E.F.S.L. program is to meet the needs of children. Eleven-a-side Soccer does not meet those needs. Children need a modified game that fits their needs; too often children are modified to meet the requirements of a game. Small-Sided Soccer modifies soccer without losing the essence of the game. Small-Sided is the appropriate introduction to soccer. All available research and observation shows that children will have more fun and learn more playing a game with smaller teams and modified rules. Small-Sided Soccer is, therefore, a game children can actually play rather than struggling to understand a game created for adults.
If children are to enjoy and take part in soccer they need to:
• Feel success
• Take an active part in the game
• Learn to play as a team
• Understand the Laws
• Develop soccer skills
• Be able to take part whatever their ability
• Develop fitness
Small-Sided Soccer sets out to meet those needs. It allows children to succeed and take part in something that is still recognizably soccer.
Meeting the Needs of Children
Small-Sided Soccer recognizes the fact that younger children perform better in smaller teams with simple Laws.
Small-Sided Soccer, however, is more than another version of 11-a-side soccer for the following reasons:
• It recognizes that children do not perform as adults and therefore modified FIFA’s Laws, should meet the needs of children.
• It has all the features of ‘real’ soccer to children.
• It doesn’t set unrealistic expectations. Many adults do not know what can be expected of children and so emphasize the result at
the expense of performance. Small-Sided Soccer helps by defining the targets for children at different ages.
• It sets a standard and a framework for behavior on and off the pitch.
League structure and affiliation
- 5v5 Developmental Soccer League
- Festival game schedule
- 4/5 - 15 minute games per festival
- 4 - 8 festivals per season.
- League Membership fees - $100 per player. (Minimum 14 players).
- Club, Coach, Parent & Player Education
- Positive & Supportive parenting.
- Long term view of excellence before success.
- Need for technical tool box.
- International soccer cultures & styles of play.
- Player self help.
The E.F.S.L are fully sanctioned for league play through US Club Soccer. Player carding & insurance will be provided through US Club Soccer.
- Coaches pass - Check with US Club for current prices (valid for 2 years)
- Player passes - Check with US Club for current prices U8 through U12
US Club Soccer
US Club Soccer is a National Affiliate member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), and as such, registers players and sanctions teams, leagues, tournaments and other soccer programs.